Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My GSLV Model

Behind me is the model of GSLV Rocket with its MCC and umbilical cord. It was made in my 12th standard at Sainik School Amaravathi Nagar. Besides the construction ,I learn't a lot about thermocoal. I used to heat the knife and then do the work. If I heated it beyond some point the thermocoal will melt to larger distance than the required dimension. If i heat it low, all the fibers from it will stick to knife or blade. And it was really a tiresome work to build the base with thermocoals. I used nearly 40 pillars made of cardboard to withstand the weight of the whole structure. And for the rocket also mild thickness cardboard was used. So its really a hard worked project. But I enjoyed a lot working in that. That design was based on my vision on my visit to ISRO. It really pleases me to hear that it still stands there in my name.

2 comments:

  1. nice to read it siddard... regards n wishes da.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been in last door room, seeing you working on it. Peep the room before and after bath, to see how far it has been completed. Indeed you have changed the "cloth dry room" to a laboratory.

    And you have forgot to blog about those radium stars that are stick-ken on roofs.

    ReplyDelete